Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Elegant black necklace


A friend of mine had on a necklace that resembled tatting. The more I looked at it the more I was sure that I could reproduce a very close likeness to it. Here is the result. I used an edging from an old tatting book that I had copied off another blog and made a few changes to it. I am very pleased with the results!!! I am also very excited about an opportunity for me to sell some of my tatting at a local consignment shop for crafts. The lady who operates the store told my mom that they had someone who was actually looking for tatting!! Now I have a long list of ideas that I want to tat up and try to sell,my only problem is I am not good at prices. I always sell for way less than I should :( I am thinking that necklaces, earrings, and baby bonnets made from a handkerchief would be my best sellers. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Of course bookmarks and just little appliques also.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow! Your black necklace really is lovely. Those graceful chains...just the right bit of sparkle with the beads on the top ring of the clovers. Bellissima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Black Necklace is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember it's much easier to come down in price than go up so go for broke! Don't undervalue yourself or your tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Gina :) Isdihara and TypsTatting thanks so much for your comments!! I am so glad you all like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely necklace, I sell some my tatting, colour is important, bookmarks do sell well, as do earrings, bracelets and necklaces especially towards Christmas. I have found the crosses seem to sell as bookmarks. I also use up bits of thread as mini butterflies and then glue them onto cards, I put a floral picture on a card and then arrange a butterflies on it, I leave them blank with a blank piece of paper inside. Don't under sell yourself if you are stuck for a price look on the Internet at those selling ie esty. If you need help just email me I don't mind giving you some help
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete